celticrootscafé

for lovers of Celtic and roots music, 'n' a wee taste a' Norn Irish craic!

In Celtic Roots Radio podcast 25 - 'Up the airy mountain ..', I talked a bit about what I've discovered about my own ancestors - from Lisburn, Glasgow and Donegal.  There is a link with William Allingham, the poet from Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal, who was friendly with the Pre-Raphaelites in London.

What have you learned about your ancestors?  

Are you looking for family links in Ireland, or Scotland?

{:-{>

Raymond

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've re-posted this here as it is on topic ...  {:-{> RMcC

Raymond,

[clip]

I'm presently, researching my Irish paternal grt. grt. grt. grand parents that come to the U.S. as single individuals on different ships during the Great Potato Famine. I know Patrick came from County Cork from my father. But this has been a very illusive family to follow.There last name was changed a couple of times.I had to hire a expert to find information on them. Money well spent.

I found more information on the children than Patrick. They settled in Ulster Co., New York north of New York City. He is not in the 1850, 1860 or 1870 U.S. Census To make a long story short I think I found them In Hamilton Co., Ohio near Cincinati in the 1860 census index. He apparently died there and his wife Sarah moved the family back to Ulster Co., NY to be near family. The boys worked as boatmen on the Hudson River. Patrick and Sarah would be proud of their descendants.Could you explain a little about the Potato Famine from a Irish perspective to us Americans.

[clip]

Thanks much,

Craig Bathurst
Eastern Pennsylvania

I am looking for the Walls Family dead or Aive !.

My G G G  Grandfather Michael Walls left Sligo in the 1840s or 50s and came to the Stockton on Tees area of the North east. and many of my family still live in that area. Like many others I never asked the Questions when my Granddad and others were alive. I have a comprehensive History of most of the family since moving to England but nothing proir to that.

I would love to hear from any of the Walls family who originate or live in the Sligo ( or Possibly Co. Clare) area

Michael   

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Forum

WHICH INSTRUMENT DO YOU PLAY 2 Replies

Started by Michael Walls in Music on Celtic Roots Radio?. Last reply by Raymond McCullough Dec 24, 2019.

Just found you guys... 2 Replies

Started by Johnny Zercher in We are the greatest!. Last reply by Raymond McCullough Dec 24, 2019.

whats happening 2 Replies

Started by Michael Walls in Music on Celtic Roots Radio?. Last reply by Michael Walls Oct 25, 2014.

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

© 2024   Created by Raymond McCullough.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service